May Promotion Ideas
- With the school year coming to a close and summer just around the corner, create exciting, summer activities displays including foods for picnics, graduation parties and warm-weather get-togethers!
- Promote Cinco de Mayo! Cross-merchandise, highlighting the frozen Mexican entrees and snacks combined with the many refrigerated cheeses and dips to complete a party menu. Provide sampling in the aisles during the week prior to the holiday, sharing the tasty Mexican dishes and snacks with your customers.
- Feature the “bake-shop quality” taste (and appearance) of frozen cakes and pies for a special Mother’s Day celebration.
- Showcase local sports teams and/or athletes finishing their high school careers or spring seasons by creating a graduation celebration display congratulating local graduating classes.
- Offer ideas and specials on frozen pizzas, wings, lasagna, garlic bread, appetizers, dips, cheeses, juices, ice cream, desserts and more for end of season sports parties and graduation celebrations.
May 10 is National Shrimp Day
Highlight this special day with “specials” on any “cool” shrimp products – frozen shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp poppers, shrimp and pasta/vegetable entrees, and more! Share some recipes (and demos) that include tasty products and ingredients from the frozen and refrigerated aisles.
May is National Barbecue Month
Create a barbecue “buzz” around Memorial Day and focus on a holiday picnic with an unusual twist – try a frozen pizza on the grill (delicious)! Feature the many dips in the refrigerated aisles to go with chips and crackers.
Notable May Celebrations
- National Hamburger Month
- National Barbecue Month
- National Egg Month
- National Strawberry Month
May 1: National Chocolate Parfait Day
May 4: National Orange Juice Day
May 5: Cinco de Mayo
May 9: Mother’s Day
May 13: National Apple Pie Day
May 14: National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
May 31: Memorial Day