Golden Penguin Awards
The Golden Penguin Awards competition features a variety of categories to suit your promotion efforts. All Golden Penguin Award winners will be honored at the NFRA Convention in October 2018 in San Diego, CA. The Top Marketer Awards will be unveiled during the Networking Reception at the NFRA Convention (and not before!).
Submitting your Golden Penguin entry is easy with a complete online entry form where you can provide a summary of your program and upload all documents and photos supporting your efforts. This online system streamlines all entries, making it more efficient for you to submit your entry and for the panel of judges to determine winners.
What Can Be Entered?
Marketing campaigns and merchandising events held in direct support of either the March Frozen Food Month, June Dairy Month or June/July Summer Favorites Ice Cream & Novelties promotions including up to 30 days before and after the given month(s).
Who Can Enter?
Retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, sales agents and local associations of any size (retail and military) can enter any and all category that is applicable to your business. Entries will be judged on their own merit taking into consideration organization size and/or program budget.
- In-Store Display – creative and effective use of signage, visuals, props, etc., promoting March Frozen Food Month, June Dairy Month or the June/July Ice Cream and Novelties promotion. Displays may use NFRA POS, but are not required to. Retailers/Wholesalers can name an assisting company or the sales agent/manufacturer may enter on their own.
- In-Store Event – events in support of the specific promotion month that may include demos, shopping sprees, celebrity appearances, remote radio/TV broadcasts, etc. Submission should include event photos and any advertising, signage or publicity around the event.
- Community Involvement – in-store or out-of-store event supporting a community/public service or charitable cause (food drive, fundraising, volunteer service, etc.). Submission should include photos and supporting media and clearly demonstrate a tie-in with the corresponding promotion.
- Social Media Campaign – a sustained campaign utilizing at least two forms of social/digital marketing including: website, blog, emails, apps, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram or other social platforms. Submission should include examples of ads, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
- Traditional Marketing – a sustained traditional marketing campaign utilizing at least two forms of traditional communication including radio, TV, newspaper inserts, print ads or in-store circulars. Submission should include examples of ads, circulars or other print, video or audio items.
- Private Brand Campaign – a sustained campaign promoting a private brand(s) during the promotion period utilizing at least two forms of digital or print communications or in-store execution. Submission should include examples of ads, display photos, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
**not applicable to the Ice Cream promotion
- Overall Marketing Campaign – a sustained marketing campaign utilizing at least four forms of advertising, digital communication, print communication or in-store execution. Submission should include examples of ads, display photos, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
– Sales Agent
– Local Association
- Top Marketer Awards – A special group of awards recognizing the Best of the Best! The highest scoring entry in each of the Overall Marketing Campaign sub-categories will be named the Top Marketer. This group of winners will be announced during the 2018 NFRA Convention.
Submitting Your Entry
- You can begin the online entry process on Feb. 1.
- Create an Account so you can return and edit your entry later.
- Choose a Category from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the four required questions regarding your goals, plan, results and the size of your company.
- Upload files related to your entry. We recommend organizing your photos, screenshots, etc. in a PowerPoint or PDF file.
- To enter another category, use the Submit Another Entry button after completing your first entry.
- Deadline to submit entries was May 18, 2018.
Judging will be done by a panel of marketing professionals who will determine the category winners based on creativity, clarity and the effectiveness of each program/promotion entered. Entries will be judged on their own merit taking into consideration organization size and/or program budget. The Top Marketer Awards will be determined by the highest scoring entry in each of the Overall Marketing Campaign subcategories.
Contact Julie Henderson at 717-657-8601 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding judging criteria or preparing your entry.
Criteria subject to changes.