December Promotion Ideas
- Create in-aisle displays to feature the many frozen and refrigerated appetizers that can be presented elegantly for entertaining guests. Highlight the wide assortment of cheeses, showcasing a “cheese of the week” and what cracker, bread, fruit and/or wine pairing would go best with that selection.
- Present and offer samplings of the many desserts in the cool aisles – share preparation and presentation ideas to simplify and at the same time enhance holiday secrets and ideas for entertaining.
- Invite a local chef or food expert to appear in the cool aisles during December weekends to share holiday secrets and ideas for entertaining.
- Remember to focus on your e-marketing and connecting with customers via email, e-newsletters, Facebook and more. Feature “Secret Weapon” messaging and holiday entertaining ideas as well as good wishes for the holidays and the New Year. The holidays are a great time to reinforce brand loyalty and thank customers for their year-round business and support.
December 8 is National Chocolate Brownie Day
On this special day, have fun and feature the ready-to-bake brownies in the refrigerated dairy aisles. Provide special pricing, host sampling and taste tests and even cross-merchandise with frozens by topping the baked brownies with ice cream!
December 21 is National Fried Shrimp Day
A great day to put the spotlight on the variety of shrimp selections in the frozen food aisle – offer special deals and feature recipes for sauces and dips to bring additional attention to the category.
Notable December Celebrations!
- National Egg Nog Month
- National Fruit Cake Month
December 4: National Cookie Day
December 8: National Brownie Day
December 21: Winter Begins
December 22-30: Hanukkah
December 25: Christmas
December 26: National Candy Cane Day
December 31: New Year’s Eve