August Promotion Ideas
- Feature waffles, pancakes, bagels, yogurts, fruits, juices, egg substitutes and cheeses to create the perfect “fuel for school” breakfasts.
- Provide recipes that can make the family morning routine before school less hectic and healthier (yogurt, fruit and granola; bagel with peanut butter; waffles with fruit; etc.)
- Offer taste tests and demos of the many convenient, tasty “ready to heat-and-eat” breakfast sandwiches.
- Work with a local school and “host” a breakfast in their cafeteria featuring healthy frozen and refrigerated food selections – have the school nurse deliver a nutritious message highlighting the importance of eating breakfast before school. Provide specific product coupons for kids to take home to their families.
- Consider a kid-friendly weekend “cooking class” event in the “cool” aisles where you can feature making smoothies (using yogurts, juices, and frozen fruits) – the perfect after-school snack.
August 25 is National Banana Split Day
On this special day, create an ice cream “event” in the frozen aisles, providing customers with ice cream samples and a chance to create a “mini” banana split of their liking in-store. Offer special deals on ice cream and all of the delicious toppings for this favorite treat.
August is National Sandwich Month
Select a weekend in August and showcase ready to heat and eat sandwich selections in the frozen food aisles. Host a “Grilled Cheese Party” in the refrigerated aisle, and demo the many variations of this all-American favorite using non-traditional cheeses and unique combinations.
Notable August Celebrations!
- National Sandwich Month
- National Peach Month
August 2: National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
August 6: National Root Beer Float Day
August 8: National Frozen Custard Day
August 10: National S’mores Day
August 22: National Peach Day
August 25: National Banana Split Day
August 26: National Cherry Popsicle Day