Golden Penguin Awards
NFRA is pleased to introduce the revamped and improved Golden Penguin Awards for the second year! Although the name is the same, this new program features enhanced categories to better suit your March Frozen Food Month promotion efforts! All Golden Penguin Award winners will be honored at the NFRA Convention in October 2017 in Orlando, FL. The Top Marketer Awards will be unveiled at the NFRA Convention (and not before!)
Submitting your Golden Penguin entry is easy with a complete online entry form where you can provide a summary of your program and upload all March promotion documents and photos supporting your efforts. This new system, introduced in 2016, streamlines all entries, making it more efficient for you to submit your entry and for the panel of judges to determine winners.
View the 2017 March Frozen Food Month Golden Penguin Award
Rules & Entry Information!
- In-Store Display - creative and effective use of signage, visuals, props, etc., promoting March Frozen Food Month. Displays may use NFRA POS, but are not required to. Retailers/Wholesalers can name an assisting company or the sales agent/manufacturer may enter on their own.
- In-Store Event - events in support of March Frozen Food Month that may include demos, shopping sprees, celebrity appearances, remote radio/TV broadcasts, etc. Submission should include event photos and any advertising, signage or publicity around the event.
- Community Involvement - in-store or out-of-store event supporting a community/public service or charitable cause (food drive, fundraising, volunteer service, etc.). Submission should include photos and supporting media and clearly demonstrate a tie-in with March Frozen Food Month.
- Social Media Campaign - a 30-60 day sustained campaign promoting March Frozen Food Month utilizing at least two forms of social/digital marketing including: website, blog, emails, apps, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram or other social platforms. Submission should include examples of ads, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
- Traditional Marketing - a 30-60 day sustained traditional marketing campaign promoting March Frozen Food Month utilizing at least two forms of traditional communication including radio, TV, newspaper inserts, print ads or in-store circulars. Submission should include examples of ads, circulars or other print, video or audio items.
- Private Brand Campaign - a 30-60 day sustained campaign promoting a private brand(s) during March Frozen Frozen Month utilizing at least two forms of digital or print communications or in-store execution. Submission should include examples of ads, display photos, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
- Overall Marketing Campaign - a 30-60 day sustained marketing campaign promoting March Frozen Food Month utilizing at least four forms of advertising, digital communication, print communication or in-store execution. Submission should include examples of ads, display photos, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
- Sales Agent
- Local Association
- Top Marketer Awards - A special group of awards recognizing the Best of the Best! The highest scoring entry in each of the Integrated Marketing Campaign sub-categories will be named the Top Marketer. This group of winners will be announced during the 2017 NFRA Convention.
Retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, sales agents and local associations of any size (retail and military) can enter any category that is applicable to your business. Entries will be judged on their own merit taking into consideration organization size and/or program budget.
Marketing campaigns and merchandising events held in direct support of March Frozen Food Month 2017 including up to 30 days before and after March.
- Begin the online entry process:
- Create an Account so you can return and edit your entry later.
- Choose a Category from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the four required questions regarding your goals, your plan, your results and the size of your company.
- Upload files related to your entry. We recommend organizing your photos, screenshots, etc. in a PowerPoint or PDF file.
- Repeat this process for entries in other categories.
- Enter by May 12, 2017!
Judging will be done by a panel of marketing professionals who will determine the category winners based on creativity, clarity and the effectiveness of each program/promotion entered. Entries will be judged on their own merit taking into consideration organization size and/or program budget. The Top Marketer Awards will be determined by the highest scoring entry in each of the Integrated Marketing Campaign subcategories.
Contact Julie Henderson at 717-657-8601 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding judging criteria or preparing your entry.
Criteria subject to changes.