Golden Penguin Awards
NFRA is pleased to introduce the revamped and improved Golden Penguin Awards for the second year! Although the name is the same, this new program features enhanced categories to better suit your June Dairy Month promotion efforts! All Golden Penguin Award winners will be honored at the NFRA Convention in October 2017 in Orlando, FL. Another new element, the Top Marketer Awards will be unveiled at the NFRA Convention (and not before!).
Also new is a complete online entry form where you can upload all June promotion documents and photos supporting your efforts. This new system will streamline all entries, making it more efficient for you to submit your entry and for the panel of judges to determine winners.
View the complete list of 2016 June Dairy Month Gold and Silver Award winners!
- In-Store Display - creative and effective use of signage, visuals, props, etc., promoting June Dairy Month. Displays may use NFRA POS, but are not required to. Retailers/Wholesalers can name an assisting company or the sales agent/manufacturer may enter on their own.
- In-Store Event - events in support of June Dairy Month that may include demos, shopping sprees, celebrity appearances, remote radio/TV broadcasts, etc. Submission should include event photos and any advertising, signage or publicity around the event.
- Community Involvement - in-store or out-of-store event supporting a community/public service or charitable cause (food drive, fundraising, volunteer service, etc.). Submission should include photos and supporting media and clearly demonstrate a tie-in with June Dairy Month.
- Social Media and Digital Marketing - a 30-60 day sustained campaign promoting June Dairy Month utilizing at least two forms of social/digital marketing including: website, blog, emails, apps, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram or other social platforms. Submission should include examples of ads, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
- Traditional Marketing - a 30-60 day sustained traditional marketing campaign promoting June Dairy Month utilizing at least two forms of traditional communication including radio, TV, newspaper inserts, print ads or in-store circulars. Submission should include examples of ads, circulars or other print, video or audio items.
- Private Brand Campaign - a 30-60 day sustained campaign promoting a private brand(s) during June Dairy Month utilizing at least two forms of digital or print communications or in-store execution. Submission should include examples of ads, display photos, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
- Integrated Marketing Campaign - a 30-60 day sustained marketing campaign promoting June Dairy Month utilizing at least four forms of advertising, digital communication, print communication or in-store execution. Submission should include examples of ads, display photos, screenshots or other visual or audio items.
- Sales Agent
- Local Asssociation
- Top Marketer Awards - A special group of awards recognizing the Best of the Best! The highest scoring entry in each of the Integrated Marketing Campaign sub-categories will be named the Top Marketer. This group of winners will be announced during the 2016 NFRA Convention.
Retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, sales agents and local associations of any size (retail and military) can enter any category that is applicable to your business. Entries will be judged on their own merit taking into consideration organization size and/or program budget.
Marketing campaigns and merchandising events held in direct support of June Dairy Month 2017 including up to 30 days before and after June.
- Begin the online entry process
- Create an Account so you can return and edit your entry later.
- Choose a Category from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the four required questions regarding your goals, your plan, your results and the size of your company.
- Upload files related to your entry. We recommend organizing your photos, screenshots, etc. in a PowerPoint or PDF file.
- Repeat this process for entries in other categories.
- Enter by TBD
Judging will be done by a panel of marketing professionals who will determine the category winners based on creativity, clarity and the effectiveness of each program/promotion entered. Entries will be judged on their own merit taking into consideration organization size and/or program budget. The Top Execution Awards will be determined by the highest scoring entry in each of the Integrated Marketing Campaign subcategories.
Contact Julie Henderson at 717-657-8601 or email@example.com for any questions regarding judging criteria or preparing your entry.
Criteria subject to changes.